Hear the Forest Sing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi everyone~!

2 posters

Go down

Hi everyone~! Empty Hi everyone~!

Post by woodlandwisp Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:20 pm

What should we call you? Wisp~
Do you have a blog (especially Mori related)? woodlandcomforts.tumblr is my mori blog
How did you hear about/get into Mori Kei? I actually just posted about this on FB, ha. But to parse it down-- while visiting my friend in Japan I came across a Mori Kei store (something I've never seen in the states, no store sells JUST mori style fashion). I realized that I wanted to buy every single article in there, so I decided the fashion was for me.
How do you participate in Mori Kei? Mostly lifestyle, sometimes fashion. I try to live simply and enjoy small, unmaterialistic things. I try to live in the moment and enjoy every moment while it lasts.
What is your favorite season and/or weather? Mostly sunny but chilly days (I live for 65F days with blue skies and fluffy clouds). Where I live, mid to late fall and late spring usually encompass that weather preference.
What are your pastimes? Writing, reading, looking after my five animals (betta fish, two cats, a hamster, and a dog), taking long nature walks. Recently I've started dabbling in cooking.

I hope this forum gets more active! I would love to meet you all! I'm usually a lurker by nature but I think most morifolk would feel the same so I will try to be involved! Feel free to message me or talk to me at any point, here or on my tumblr blog.
woodlandwisp
woodlandwisp

http://woodlandcomforts.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Hi everyone~! Empty Re: Hi everyone~!

Post by fishkit Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:42 pm

nice to meet you!!

i like that you mention living in the moment and enjoying things while they last. i also try to do this in my daily life (i have a terrible memory due to ADD, so sadly i do not remember a lot of good times...!) because it makes me feel very peaceful and complete.

i'm surprised to hear that you consider 65 degrees to be cold!!! where i live, it isn't considered cold until it gets into the forties...
fishkit
fishkit

http://tessafish.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by woodlandwisp Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:21 pm

Oh lord no, not cold-- chilly. As in, no longer the humid sweltering 90+ degrees days we get in the summer. People here don't consider it cold until it's below freezing and two feet of snow and then we reluctantly put on actual coats and go to work/class because nothing short of power lines falling down into the road excuses high northern New Englanders from daily responsibilities.

Is it hard being mori with ADD? Or do you not partake in mori lifestyle at all?
woodlandwisp
woodlandwisp

Back to top Go down

Post by fishkit Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:10 pm

That makes a lot more sense. I wish we got more snow where I live.

I wouldn't say it's hard, actually. Daily life has some struggles, of course-- memory problems and issues paying attention and focusing get in the way of a lot of things for me. But because I know that my memory is bad, I tend to live in the moment and experience things fully rather than try to store information. I also enjoy daily routines of watering my plants. Mori-style clothing satisfies a lot of tactile sensitivities for me, as well, because I like to feel that my clothes are thick and heavy and warm (not to mention I get a lot of different fabric textures to use for grounding when I dissociate).

So I would say that ADD makes things harder in general, but I don't think it detracts from the calm mori lifestyle. I really enjoy living in the moment and taking things slowly just like any other girl; I just probably won't remember it very well later.
fishkit
fishkit

Back to top Go down

Post by woodlandwisp Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:30 pm

Ahh that's so neat, though. Reinforces how Mori suits literally anyone's life if they're willing to embrace it. I sometimes see people lament how they want to be Mori but are living in a city/too busy to slow down/don't feel calm enough/whatever and it's like... none of that matters!! If a Mori lifestyle speaks to you than being Mori is simply about being yourself, no matter how stereotypically Mori or not you may be. Not that ADD isn't stereotypically Mori, I just mean... for people who think they aren't and therefore think they can't be Mori. That's my opinion, anyway, I know sometimes Morifolk don't regard others as Mori unless they live 90% of their life in libraries or cafes or the woods or something.

And it's awesome how Mori clothes help you! Does any other part of Mori Kei help you, I wonder? Like getting more into Mori has made me wayyy more conscientious about eating well and eating organically. I've always had this sort of... desire to do so but have always had excuses (like hating cooking) and it was finally getting into Mori Kei that I began finding ways to enjoy cooking and enjoy the process and now I cook my own meals with fresh ingredients at least three days a week. (That doesn't sound like a lot but it used to be like... once every three months if even that.)
woodlandwisp
woodlandwisp

Back to top Go down

Post by fishkit Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:05 am

Nothing really relating to my diet, but I suppose learning about the lifestyle has made me think more consciously about what I say and do before I say and do it, and also whether or not something is worth the trouble or not before I put in the work.
fishkit
fishkit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum