Hear the Forest Sing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foundations for a Mori Wardrobe

Go down

Foundations for a Mori Wardrobe Empty Foundations for a Mori Wardrobe

Post by Admin Fri May 12, 2017 1:56 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Click here for the blog post at  I don't know much, but I'm learning.

When I first started to create my mori wardrobe, I was a bit lost as to where to start. I pretty much just bought anything I considered to be mori, and ended up with a large mess of clothing, and not a clue how to coordinate all of it. But after a few years of creating a mori wardrobe, I finally know what the basis for a mori wardrobe is. I want to share this with all of you, so that if you're just starting to create your mori wardrobe you can have some idea of where to start. Please remember that these are all my personal opinions, and that this is not by any means a complete guide. Just a bit of a guideline based on the things I've found while building my own mori wardrobe. To compare and contrast, you can check out [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]'s wardrobe guide, and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]'s wardrobe guide for mori girls in tropical climates.

So without further ado, let's begin!

When beginning to make a mori wardrobe, the most important thing to do is to pick a general color scheme in addition to your regular whites and creams. For example, you can focus your wardrobe's colors on browns, pinks, greens, or any other kind of natural colors. Just stick with a few colors, and don't go grabbing all colors of the rainbow. I didn't do this when first starting out, and it made it very hard to create coords when I had one piece in every color, and none of them matched. The more similar colors you purchase, the more outfits you can make, and the easier it will be to make them. If you do really want multiple colors when first starting out, try to buy a few pieces of each color you choose at least.

Another thing I've found to be important is picking your length. What I mean by that is figuring out what length of dress or skirt looks best on you, and then trying to buy clothing that keeps with that length. For instance, I look and feel most comfortable when my layers are mid-calf, or just above the knee. I don't feel good in skirts that are ankle length and so I often pass up mori finds that are that length, because I know it would be hard for me to coord them.

Also, don't buy anything that isn't flattering on you just because it looks good on the hanger. I can't stress this one enough. I've wasted a lot of money buying pieces that were very cute, but didn't fit me at all. They'll just end up sitting in your closet, and eventually being donated to a thrift shop. So unless it fits as is, or you know for a fact that you can alter it to fit yourself, don't buy it.

So let's start with a list of some basics for your wardrobe. They're not listed in any order of importance, so you can choose which ones you think are most important to start with.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
____
None of this was made by me, credit for media and writing goes to Kathryn and her blog, linked above.

Admin
Admin

https://morikei.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down